When new subscribers enter your Drip account, you want to be sure you give them a proper welcome, while also ensuring they are tagged and led to the right workflows from here on out.
In this video, I’ll show you my recommended Welcome automation flow for all new subscribers coming into Drip.
Goals for this automation
- Ensure all new people are tagged and subscribed to the correct “list(s)” in Drip
- Check to see if they’re currently being pitched on anything right now
- If not, then send them a Welcome email that asks for a reply.
Services used in this guide
Similar alternatives: ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit
Key points in the video:
- 0:00 – What we’re going to build
- 1:00 – Trigger the automation with a “catch all new subscribers” custom event & automation rule.
- 5:00 – Update some custom fields fields and list subscriptions
- 8:30 – Create an “if/else” to check to see if they’re currently being pitched on anything
- 9:00 – Add to my weekly newsletter “list” with a special tag if they’re new to it
- 12:45 – Send a Welcome email to the subscriber