If you have a consultation form on your website where new leads enter your sales pipeline, then you should be doing everything you can nurture those leads through your sales process and drive a consistent close rate.
Too often, our sales process becomes too inconsistent! Leads don’t get followups, or worse—they don’t even make it into your CRM software! Or sometimes you or your sales team just isn’t on their A game some days.
I found it’s imperative to convert as much of the high-touch pieces of your sales process into automated, “medium touch”, elements as possible. This includes showing leads a recorded video demo before they get on a call with you, having leads book their own sales calls on your calendar, and automating all of the contact info entry into your CRM software.
In this guide, I’ll show you how I created a super-streamlined sales consultation flow for customers, and automated all of the back-end using a combination of Drip, Gravity Forms, Zapier, Pipedrive and an effective set of followup emails to help close more deals.
Goals for this automation
- Gather all the necessary info from interested leads who enter the sales pipeline.
- Guide new leads through booking their sales call on your calendar
- Show new leads a recorded video demo before they get on a call with you
- Automatically subscribe them to your list in ActiveCampaign, tag them accordingly, and begin an automated sequence of followup emails.
- Automatically input the lead’s info into Pipedrive CRM and automatically create a followup reminder calculated to one week after they booked their sales call.
Services used in this guide
Similar alternatives: ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit
- Gravity Forms
Similar alternatives: Ninja Forms, Typeform, Wufoo
Similar alternatives: Highrise, Salesforce, Close.io
Similar alternatives: Calendly, YouCanBook.me, Acuity Scheduling
Key points in the video:
- 0:00 – What we’re going to build
- 1:30 – Setting up the Consultation form
- 3:00 – Hooking up a booking calendar app like Appointlet with a redirect afterwards.
- 4:00 – Direct to a page, which plays a recorded video demo.
- 6:00 – Integrate the consultation form with your CRM via Zapier
- 7:00 – Integrate the consultation form with a shared inbox like Helpscout via Zapier
- 8:00 – Set up automated followup emails to nurture leads through your sales cycle
- Get this workflow diagram (get access)
- Import this Consultation form into Gravity Forms (get access)