People become one of your Drip subscribers in all sorts of different ways. Maybe they entered through a lead magnet, a free trial, a purchase, or some other signup form.
So how do you make sure that every subscriber eventually is exposed to all of the things you have to offer them?
That’s where an ongoing promotions “loop” workflow comes in. This is designed to slowly present all of the things (products, promotional sequences, surveys, etc.) slowly over time so that nobody misses out on anything they should have seen.
It also has checks in place to ensure you’re not over-promoting or promoting things to people who shouldn’t see them.
Goals for this automation
- Set up a “looping” trigger so people can continuously loop through this automation workflow
- Add promotional “blocks” with plenty of time in between them
- Ensure that the right people get promoted the right things
- Ensure nobody gets promoted on things if they’re currently being promoted something else.
Services used in this guide
Similar alternatives: ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit
Key points in the video:
- 0:00 – What we’re going to build / Benefits of having an ongoing promotions workflow.
- 1:30 – How to apply my pattern to your own mix of products and promotions
- 2:45 – “looping” triggers to continuously bring people into and out of and back into this workflow again, automatically.
- 5:00 – People people on your primary product
- 5:45 – Only show the pitch to people who haven’t bought it or shouldn’t see this pitch for some other reason.
- 8:00 – Replicate this pattern for all of the other things people should be pitched on over time.
- 18:00 – How people complete this workflow and loop back in