A multi-day Email Course campaign can be a very effective lead magnet and lead nurturing tool in your email marketing automation arsenal. In this video, I’ll show you how I recommend you set this up with ActiveCampaign.
I find that an email course serves a number of purposes:
1) It’s a highly valuable resource that can attract new subscribers.
2) It educates prospects about the core problems your product or service solves, helping them see the value of upgrading to your paid solution.
3) It gets new subscribers into the habit of anticipating your upcoming emails on a regularly timed basis. This helps increase open-rates long-term.
I’ll show you in this guide how to hook up and deploy an effect email course campaign and automation workflow.
Goals for this automation
- Bring people into your email course either through a form or a trigger link.
- Tag subscribers appropriately
- Send the email course campaign and ensure they are properly removed from it when finished.
- Follow up with a perfectly timed product pitch, and/or remove subscribers from this campaign once they’ve purchased your product.
Services used in this guide
Similar alternatives: Drip, ConvertKit
Key points in the video:
- 0:00 – What we’re going to build / Benefits of having an email course lead magnet.
- 1:30 – Triggers to bring people into the email course workflow
- 4:00 – How to use a trigger link in another email to bring people into this lead nurturing sequence.
- 5:00 – Set some custom fields and tags on the subscriber related to this email course.
- 7:30 – A special pattern for sending a campaign from within a workflow in Drip, and properly removing them afterward.
- 10:00 – Mark this person as ready to be pitched on the product
- 12:30 – Creating the campaign either as a text-based or video-based email course
- Import this automation workflow into ActiveCampaign (get access)