Content Upgrades are an effective strategy for adding more entry-points where visitors can subscribe to your email list. What makes them work so well is the fact that they offer a highly relevant piece of bonus content that relates closely to the topic of the article (or podcast or video) that attracted the person to your site in the first place.
I’ll show you how to set up Content Upgrades in ActiveCampaign using a combination of the Content Upgrades WordPress plugin (which I developed) along with Zapier.
Goals for this automation
- Seamlessly embed Content Upgrades on specific posts and pages on your site.
- Integrate Content Upgrades with ActiveCampaign so that people who opt-in for them are subscribed to your list.
- Manage the post-Content Upgrade automation workflows in ActiveCampaign so that the person continues to receive content and promotions from you.
Services used in this guide
Similar alternatives: Drip, ConvertKit
- Content Upgrades
Similar alternatives: Native ActiveCampaign forms, OptinMonster, Sumo
Key points in the video:
- 0:00 – What we’re going to build
- 1:00 – Example of a Content Upgrade experience for the reader
- 2:00 – Install and configure the Content Upgrades WordPress plugin
- 3:00 – ActiveCampaign automation workflow for handling new Content Upgrade entries and routing them to future emails.
- 5:00 – Integrate Content Upgrades with ActiveCampaign using Zapier